Contact: Molly Mulvehill Steinke
TALENT PHOTOS AND INTERVIEWS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
A FESTIVAL OF THE HEART & SOUL 2002
WHO: Artists booked to date for A Festival of the Heart & Soul include:
Saturday, May 18: The Neville Brothers, Delbert McClinton, Cowboy Mouth, Sista Monica, G.B. Leighton, Guy Davis
Sunday, May 19: Joan Jett, FLIPP, Tommy Castro, North Mississippi Allstars, Mick Sterling and the Stud Brothers, Keri Noble
WHAT: The annual benefit musical event, A Festival of the Heart & Soul, will feature 34 bands. This event raises awareness and funds for children's charities. To date, Heart & Soul events have raised over $400,000 to help children. The three charities that will benefit from the 2002 Heart & Soul events include:
* TJ Martell Foundation: Dedicated to performing cutting edge research into the diagnosis, care and treatment and a cure for children's cancer, leukemia, and HIV/AIDS.
* Boys and Girls Clubs: Their mission is to inspire and enable all young people, especially those from disadvantaged circumstances, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens.
* Project Success: Based in the Twin Cities, this program helps inner city youth accomplish great things by encouraging them to dream about their future and teaching them how to envision, set and achieve goals, and challenge themselves to believe in the possibility of their own lives.
WHEN: Saturday, May 18 & Sunday, May 19, 2002 Gates open at 1 p.m./Music starts at 2 p.m.
WHERE: Between 7th & 10th Avenues North on Washington, Warehouse District, Minneapolis
TICKETS: One Day Pass: $24 ($6 savings off gate price)
Two Day Pass: $35 ($15 savings off gate price)
Heart & Soul Friendship Pack: $175
(Buy 5 Two-Day passes, get one free)
KQRS VIP Area (includes raised viewing, private cash bar, food from BUCA DI BEPPO, and private bathrooms. Limited seating): $92 for two day pass, $50 for one day pass
Kids 12 and under get in FREE (limit two per paid adult)
Single day tickets go on sale Wednesday, March 20. All other tickets are available now at www.soul4kids.com or by calling Ticketworks at 612-343-3390. NO SERVICE CHARGE. Tickets also available at BUNKERS MUSIC BAR AND GRILL.
INFO: WWW.SOUL4KIDS.COM, 612-692-8879 or SOUL4LIFE@QWEST.NET.
Supporting events include:
· Raffle of a 2002 Harley-Davidson Road King motorcycle valued over $19,000 from St. Paul Harley-Davidson. Tickets are $10 and are available at St. Paul Harley-Davidson, Bunkers Music Bar and Grill, and Toohey's Bar & Grill in Savage. The winner will be announced before the last act at A Festival of the Heart & Soul on Sunday, May 19. Winner need not be present to win.
· The "RIDE WITH HEART & SOUL" will begin at 10 a.m. from St. Paul Harley-Davidson on Saturday, May 18. Ride/concert combo tickets will be available beginning April 6th at St. Paul Harley-Davidson.
· Rock 'n Blues Black-Tie Gala will kick-off the weekend's events on Friday, May 17 at the Minneapolis Depot Pavilion. A limited number of tickets will be available at $200 each beginning in early March at www.soul4kids.com.
Molly Mulvehill Steinke
6250 Excelsior Blvd
Minneapolis, MN 55416
Return to Heart and Soul Article
This feature is copyright © 2002 by Ray Stiles, and Blues On Stage at: www.mnblues.com, all rights reserved. Copy, duplication or download prohibited without written permission.
For permission to use this review please email Ray Stiles at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Hosting & Design:
Web Hosting & Design.
Most affordable web hosting and design services available.
Find out how you can host your current site at Blues On Stage, or how I can help you design your own website!
If you would like your CD reviewed, please send TWO (2) copies, along with promotional material to:
Blues On Stage
PO Box 582983
Minneapolis, MN 55458-2983
E-mail Ray Stiles @ email@example.com with any questions.